RAS Excursion Terms, Conditions & General Information
- Local tour rates include transportation from Seoul and back, overnight accommodation and RAS escort/tour leader. Rates do not include meals (unless specified) or snacks, tips, travel insurance, transportation to departure point, or personal expenses.
- Overseas tour rates include transportation from Seoul and back, transportation in during the tour, accommodations, meals listed in the itinerary, tips for driver(s) and local tour guide(s), plus basic travel (accident) insurance. Rates do not include visa fees, cancellation insurance, hotel/restaurant tips or other gratuities, drinks or snacks, meals not specified in the itinerary, personal expenses, etc. Participants are advised to obtain an upgraded travel insurance policy.
- Initially announced rate may change due to circumstances outside the RAS’ control.
- When the RAS must cancel a tour due to lack of guaranteed participants (paid by the due date) or other circumstances outside its control, the RAS will reimburse paid participants in full.
- Cancellations by participants will be refunded as follows:
- 80% refund 5 days prior to departure date
- no refund less than 5 days prior to departure date
- 90% refund prior to full payment deadline
- 80% refund within 5 days of full payment deadline
- 25% refund 7 days prior to departure date
- no refund less than 7 days prior to departure date
*refund is contingent on the RAS receiving a refund on payments made to travel agencies/airlines/tour operators
LATE RESERVATION/PAYMENT SURCHARGE
- W10,000 (one-day tour), W20,000 (two-day tour) or 10% of total cost, whichever is greater, for reservations or final payments made after the reservation or payment deadline.
In the event, the RAS accepts a last-minute reservation but the participant cancels or does not show-up, s/he must pay the full cost, including the late reservation/payment surcharge within 48 hours of when the tour started.
- The RAS provides basic travel insurance for its tour groups (does not cover individual cancellation coverage, etc)
- Participants wishing cancellation protection or benefits upgrades must purchase their own policy.
- Participants must indicate, when making their reservation, if they have special dietary needs. Should it not be possible for the RAS to meet those special needs, the tour participant should expect to provide her/his own food.
- A single supplement option is available to those participants who prefer their own room (preference should be indicated when making reservation) or in situations where there is no roommate available.
- Light or loud sleepers as well as those with special requirements should consider having their own room.